Wednesday, August 26, 2009

paying the price

I had a most interesting day yesterday to go along with several other days of bad car days! I purchased a used car that seemed to just need a few things here and there…but nothing major…well it turns out the starter, the Ac unit, the alternator , the battery, the ignition all needed to be fixed. You see I didn’t use an expert on cars to tell me these things before buying; instead I went on the so called good word of the seller. I watched the mechanic as he fixed my car with grease and sweet all over him.

I thought to myself, he knows exactly what he’s doing and it’s getting fixed the way I was promised in the beginning. Yes there was a price to be paid; you know I paid it gladly ;-) Some think we live the life of glamour in the Voice business, it’s not easy, but it’s what we do, because we love it, and we know what we’re doing, because we have earned the right to step into a studio, voice the project and collect a check for a job well done.

It’s worth paying the price for training, for seminars, for ongoing education in your field, don’t short change yourself, use an expert!

Consult someone that knows what they’re doing, I learned the hard way buying this car I have, but it’s a reminder that we cannot always wear rose colored glasses.
http://www.57thstreetmedia.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment