Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So you want to be a voice-over artist

One of the first things I ask a prospect exploring voice-overs is why? Here is what I get most of the time. People tell me I have a good voice, my boy friend or girl friend says I would be good at the business, or my mother says I should be on the radio. The most important question I could ask a prospect is what do you think of you doing voice-overs? Many say they don’t know great answer! I like to teach individuals that want to learn the art of voice-over, willing open participants desiring to learn a craft that could make them money. So you want to be a voice-over artist… great! I hope you like hearing your own voice, because you will be hearing it quite often and as a matter of fact most every day in one form or another. Do ego’s help, sure they do, just keep humble in the studio ;-)

The amount of practice for truly professional talent adds up to be in the thousands of hours and multiplied. This is not an overnight get rich scheme, so STOP if that’s what you’ve been told. Can you make a really good living you bet! I believe in purpose, keep asking yourself why, and if it adds up that this is your main passion, there’s no stopping you in the voice-over universe. http://www.57thstreetmedia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment